Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I was honored to be chosen...

I was honored to be chosen to be one of the US Delegates to the Summit and probably didn't realize the magnitude of what we were doing until I sat in our opening session. Based on the people present I realized we were going to accomplish alot over the course of the weekend. If nothing else we were going to be able to exchange ideas on how to help each other in this global battle that is spreading worldwide.

To listen to the presenters and what we were faced with was both motivating and in a sense discouraging. Then to have the opportunity to listen to some of the delegates and what they were doing in their corners of the world was exciting and again motivating.

I could feel the energy at the summit as we discussed programs and the work that was being done.We in the US feel as if we are in the middle of the battle with breast cancer, but I can see that the delegates from around the world are mostly in the beginning of their battle and we can work together to help them catch up so we're all working together on the same issues.

We have a long way to go in the US, but I am bouyed by the spirit of the people I met in Budapest. My thanks to all the delgates and Susan G. Komen for the Cure for allowing me to be part of this historic event.

Wayne Young