Thursday, October 4, 2007

My heart beats so fast!

Ibelle Ayala
Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puerto Rico Affiliate

This summit experience really impacted me a lot. I saw, on each face of the entire wonderful people who participated in this summit, the light of hope and the need of strong actions. Those actions are to become true. I know that this doesn’t end with the end of the summit. It can’t end. We won’t let it end.

I have strong mixed feelings. I suffered with each one of the stories about women around the world being affected by this cause. I suffered for the impotence feeling of all those new good friends, looking for more, waiting for more; seeing in this whole new opportunity the perfect time for a new beginning, feeling stronger just because they feel supported and understood.

I experienced faith in another way; a friendly one. I saw a big door, just starting to open and I feel honored to be on this from the beginning in some way.

To me, it will never be the same. Now I know that we are not alone anymore. I also Know that we have a lot of work to do and even when there’s not an easy way to do it, we are going to make it happened. Of course we will!

Let’s do it! Let’s do it now! Count on me.